Due to the economic downturn studies suggest that people are contemplating suicide more often.
Because of unemployment and company layoffs some people feel like there is no way out expect for suicide.
We have heard of a couple of Wall Street types committing suicide because of the pressure.
Hopefully knowing the signs and symptoms of suicide will help you help someone else.
Feeling trapped, hopeless, suicidal Men are more likely to commit suicide, but women make more attempts to kill themselves.
These are the signs that someone may be contemplating suicide.
* Threatening to hurt oneself or talking about killing oneself.
* Feeling hopeless.
* Feeling trapped.
* Increased alcohol or drug use.
* Looking for ways to kill oneself, buying a gun, gathering pills, or other ways.
* Talking about or writing about death or wanting to die when the person does not usually do so.
* Withdrawal from family and friends.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 800- 273-8255